Are you planning a baby shower and looking for some fun and engaging games and activities to keep your guests entertained? Look no further! From traditional favorites to unique and creative ideas, there are plenty of options to choose from that will cater to guests of all ages.
Games for Kids
If you have children attending the shower, it’s important to include some games and activities that will keep them entertained and involved. Here are a few ideas:
- Diaper Derby: This classic baby shower game is a hit with kids and adults alike. Set up a race track using masking tape or chalk, and have participants compete to see who can crawl across the finish line first while wearing a diaper.
- Baby Food Taste Test: This game is a hit with kids and adults alike. Set out a selection of baby food jars, and have players taste each one and try to guess the flavor. The person with the most correct guesses wins.
- Baby Bingo: This twist on the classic game is a fun way to get kids involved in the shower. Use baby-themed words or phrases instead of numbers, and have players mark off the items as they hear them.
- Baby Animal Matching: Cut out pictures of various baby animals, and have kids try to match them with their corresponding adult animals. This is a great way to teach kids about different animals and their offspring.
Games for Adults
While kids will enjoy the games listed above, it’s important to also include some activities that are geared towards adults. Here are a few ideas:
- Baby Shower Mad Libs: This game is a fun way to get everyone laughing. Write out a series of blank spaces, and have players fill them in with words to create a silly story.
- Baby Word Scramble: This game is a great ice breaker for guests who may not know each other well. Write out a list of baby-themed words, and have players unscramble them as quickly as possible.
- Baby Price is Right: Set up a series of baby-related items, and have players guess the price of each one. The person with the closest guesses without going over wins.
- Baby Name Race: Write out a list of baby names, and have players race to see who can cross out all of the names on their list first. This is a fun way to get everyone interacting and guessing names.
Activities for All Ages
In addition to games, there are also a number of activities that can be enjoyed by guests of all ages. Here are a few ideas:
- Baby Shower Crafts: Set up a table with materials for guests to create their own baby-themed crafts. This could include things like decorating onesies, creating diaper cakes, or making diaper bouquets.
- Baby Shower Trivia: Test guests’ knowledge of all things baby-related with a trivia game. This could include questions about pregnancy, childbirth, and baby care.
- Baby Shower Scavenger Hunt: Set up a scavenger hunt around the party space, with clues or tasks related to babies and parenting. This is a fun way to get guests moving and interacting with each other.
- Baby Shower Advice: Have guests write down their best advice for the expecting parents, and place the slips of paper in a decorated jar. The expecting parents can then read through the advice and keep it as a keepsake.
No matter what games and activities you choose for your baby shower, the most important thing is to have fun and celebrate the arrival of the new little one.